Having a dream bathroom that’s relaxing, comfortable, functional, and beautiful is something that never goes out of style.
Getting your dream bathroom isn’t as hard to achieve as you might think. You don’t have to install a new tub or shower, and you don’t need to redo your plumbing and electrical — the most efficient way to get your dream bathroom is to upgrade your vanity, seating, mirrors, and accessories.
Smitty’s may not be the first place you think of when it comes to updating your bathroom, but we carry all of the components that you need to take your bathroom from blah to dreamy.
Installing a new vanity in your bathroom is the fastest way to update your room and make an impact. Hooker Furniture designs and builds a wide range of stunning vanities with styles ranging from contemporary to traditional.
Vanities are not just an integral part of your bathroom, but they are also highly functional. Here are a few key questions to ask yourself when purchasing a new vanity:
- Do you want solid wood, veneer, or a mix of wood and stainless steel/chrome?
- How much storage do you need?
- Do you prefer drawers or shelves?
- Are you looking for a marble or engineered stone countertop?
- What colour of wood or stain do you prefer?
- How large do you want your vanity to be?
Once you have answers to these questions, you will be a better position to select the perfect vanity.
Seating is an important element in your bathroom, and your type of seating will add to both the functionality and style of your space.
There so many types of seating to choose from that it can be tricky to make a decision. There are no rules when it comes to selecting seating, it’s all about you, your needs, and your style.
Depending on the size and layout of your bathroom, you can opt for a stool, a bench, a traditional chair, or even a chaise — there’s definitely a wow factor in selecting a luxurious chaise for your bathroom.
Smitty’s carries a wide selection of stools and accent chairs from brands including Amisco, Brentwood, and Decor-Rest.
Having comfortable and functional seating in your bathroom is very helpful and will add character to your space. Here are some key questions to ask yourself when purchasing new seating:
- What do you need the seating for?
- Will it need to tuck under a table or fit into a particular space in your bathroom?
- Do you prefer wood, metal, leather, or fabric seating?
- Who will be using the seating?
- Will the seat get wet, or will it be used in a dry area of the bathroom?
Once you have answers to these questions, you will be a better position to select the perfect seating.
Gone are the days of bathroom mirrors coming with your vanity and cabinet set. You will need to purchase a mirror separately, and this gives you the freedom to get whatever you wish!
Mirrors are more than functional, they help to add character, beauty, and style to your space.Smitty’s carries incredible mirrors from Surya that will help to make your bathroom beautiful.
Available in a huge variety of shapes, sizes, and colours, it can be a bit overwhelming to choose the right mirror. Here are some key questions to ask yourself when purchasing a new mirror:
- Where is the mirror going to hang?
- Will it be used functionally over the sink area or will it be more decorative?
- Do you want a full-length mirror or something smaller?
- Do you have a colour scheme that you want to feature?
- Are you looking for your mirror to accent the room or be a focal point?
Once you have answers to these questions, you will be a better position to select the perfect mirror.
Bathroom decor is more than a dish for your soap or a toothbrush holder. Your bathroom can be more than functional and it can be a space that reflects your unique character and style.
Perhaps there’s a theme that you want carried throughout your home, or maybe you want to showcase a particular element or colour — there is decor for any look you want to achieve.
Smitty’s carries a wide assortment of decor from a variety of brands — it’s fun to wander through our showrooms and check out all the different pieces.
If you’re not sure where to start when it comes to selecting decorative items for your bathroom, here are some key questions to ask yourself when purchasing new decor:
- Do you want the decor to be functional or just decorative?
- Do you have a particular location in your room in mind for the decor?
- Do you want the decor to hang on the wall or sit on a counter or shelf?
- Do you have a colour or theme that you are trying to highlight?
- Are you concerned if the decor gets wet?
Once you have answers to these questions, you will be a better position to select the perfect decor.
You can have so much fun updating your bathroom! Come and visit us at Smitty’s and we’ll help you create the bathroom of your dreams.