10 Steps on How to Choose the Perfect Sofa for Your Living Space
- Measure the size of your room
- Measure the size of all openings and doorways to get into that room
- Bring your measurements to Smitty’s staff. They will create a room plan to find the best size sofa for your room and your family’s needs.
- Smitty’s can arrange for a free check measure if there is any doubt whether the sofa you fall in love with will fit through your doors and halls.
- Think about how you use your sofa – do you sit formally with your feet on the ground or do you lay out and lounge? Don’t be shy - Make sure you try out any potential sofa the same way you would use it at home.
- Think about your style of the room – rounded arms are more casual, track arms are more contemporary.
- Think about your budget and time of investment – find a manufacturer that matches the quality and price point that meets your budget. There are more options then you can imagine.
- Take into account your family’s lifestyle and match the quality and type of fabric to your family’s needs. Canadian manufacturer’s offer a wide variety of choices to meet your needs.
- Sight lines are an important consideration when choosing the height of your sofa.
- Sectionals are not just for larger rooms. Sometimes a sectional is perfect to maximize the space in small rooms. Make sure you discuss this option with your sales consultant.
Book an In-home Consultation with a Smitty's Certified Interior Decorator