(Bermex Prestige Table)
Every homeowner wants to have a dining room where they can enjoy meals with their family and friends, entertain guests, and showcase their stylish decor. This spring, Smitty’s is here to help you get inspired to refresh your dining room with some of our favourite dining rooms to copy!
Special acknowledgement to Architectural Digest for the images of celebrity homes.
Colourful Dining Rooms
(Amisco Nicholson table and Darlene & Darcy chairs)
Colourful dining rooms don’t have to be filled with a variety of colours, and adding colour to your dining room is something that you can do without painting the walls. This is not an exercise in overhauling your space — rather it’s about adding colourful elements.
Bringing some colour into your space will help to refresh and update the look, and highlight particular elements, like your seating.
While some dining room furniture manufacturers will provide you with the opportunity to customize the style and finish of your table, it is often easier to add touches of colour with your chairs and decorative items.
Consider adding colour in the following ways:
- Dining chairs
- This can include different types of fabric and even different patterns.
- Accent cushions
- Adding small cushions to each chair is a great way to add a pop of colour.
- Decorative items
- Placing a variety of coloured vases, candle holders, bowls, sculptures, or other pieces on the centre area of your table is a fun way to add some colour — and it’s easy to change up to reflect a season, a mood, or a celebration.
- Area rug
- Adding a dining room area rug under your table and chairs is not only on trend, but will add a very stylish element to your space.
Gisele Bundchen and Tom Brady’s gorgeous dining room has strong pops of colour in their Los Angeles home (above).
Regal Dining Rooms
(Bermex Expression Table)
There’s something to be said for having a dining room that looks classic, dignified, and elegant. A regal dining room will feature elements with formal touches and ornate finishes to bring a sense of majesty to the space.
Classically designed tables are a must-have when trying to achieve a formal look. Look for:
- Simple table lines, in rectangular or oval shapes
- Deep, rich tones
- Solid wood
- Wood or marble table tops, not glass
- Strong table legs, not spindles
- Larger table sizes, not built to incorporate a leaf
Jessica Chastain achieves a classic look in her New York apartment with her solid wood, oval dining table and custom-covered dining chairs (above).
Glam Dining Rooms
(Amisco Belleville table and Webber chairs)
While not every homeowner is a movie star or celebrity, you can achieve that same glamourous look in your dining room.
Glam dining rooms can be classic or modern and they can be colourful or simple. The idea behind a glam arrangement is that it exudes high-style. This doesn’t mean that your furniture is uncomfortable or should only be used for special occasions — having furniture in your home that you cannot use every day is a thing of the past!
Consider dining room furniture that:
- Shines or sparkles, including high-gloss wood or a glass top
- Luxurious padded and covered seating
- Added ornamentation in the seating, including nailheads or stitching
- Plush area carpeting
- Metal or glass decor in the centre
Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne’s dining room in Hidden Hills positively exudes glam with the oversized, shiny table and ornate chairs (above).
If you’ve been inspired to update the look of your dining room, contact the experts at Smitty’s. We’ll help you get the dining room of your dreams.