Online shopping is ubiquitous. It seems that everyone, everywhere is doing it. We are constantly bombarded with emails telling us about the latest online promos, discounts, and limited-time offers. We can buy pretty much anything we want online — from pants and shoes to vitamins and lamps. The question is, should we buy furniture online?
At Smitty’s, we understand the convenience of online shopping when it comes to smaller items. However, when it comes to making larger purchases that you intend to keep for a long period of time and which can greatly impact your lifestyle and your home, you need to see those pieces in real life.
Here are some key reasons why it is still very important to shop in-store for furniture.
Reasons to Shop for Furniture In-Store, Not Online
- It is really important to feel the fabric of your furniture. You need to touch it, sit on it, and assess the level of comfort.
- You will want to see the colour of the fabric and the wood stain in person. It’s very difficult to get a sense of sheen and weave from an image online.
- Despite listing sizes online, it can be very tricky to accurately assess the size of your furniture without seeing it in person. An online photo of a sofa might make it look too small or too big for your space.
- You can ask questions and get answers. If you would like to know more about how the furniture is constructed, about the warranty, or the delivery process, you will be able to get answers in-store more easily.
- Getting professional advice is priceless. At Smitty’s, our in-store interior decorating team can provide you with expert advice and guide you through the process of customizing furniture to suit your home.
Shopping online doesn’t provide you with what you need to make an informed decision about purchasing new furniture for your home. Come and visit us at Smitty’s to see what a great experience shopping in-store can be!