Smitty's Delivery Service
SAFE DELIVERY OPTIONS
For regions under lockdown, front door or garage delivery is available, free of charge. Some assembly may be required as items are generally left in packaging.
Customers with previously scheduled in-home delivery dates which fall during the lockdown period will be contacted to arrange either a contact-free delivery, or the in-home delivery will be rescheduled when these services can resume. When in-home deliveries can resume, customers will be provided a full list of safe-delivery protocols at point of sale or upon request.
Smitty’s offers delivery services for customers in a wide area in Ontario from the Bruce Peninsula, to Saugeen Shores, from London to the GTA, and north from the GTA to Orillia and cottage country. Our radius is generally within 200KMs of our two locations in Hanover and Kitchener, Ontario. We do not ship out of province.
Delivery Service Includes:
- PRE-DELIVERY INSPECTION ON MANY ITEMS
- COURTEOUS DELIVERY STAFF
- WORRY-FREE SHOE POLICY
- SET UP AND ASSEMBLY OF MOST ITEMS
- REMOVAL OF ALL PACKAGING MATERIALS
- REMOVAL OF OLD MATTRESS SET (with purchase of new mattress set, if requested to do so, and only if already wrapped and sealed in mattress bag provided at point of sale of new mattress).
- SMITTY'S 1 YEAR WARRANTY (except AS-IS Final Sale Product)
Making your delivery safe
Smitty’s delivery service members enter other households in the course of their duties. While doing this, strict safety protocols are followed including: PPE worn at all times, hands are sanitized prior to delivery, social-distancing is practiced. For everyone's safety and convenience, we ask you to follow the below protocols prior to and during the your delivery:
- Answer COVID-19 screening questions sent via email prior to your delivery.
- Ensure items will fit into your home and room to avoid a re-stocking charge for items that do not fit. Please contact us before delivery if you would like to arrange a FREE pre-measure.
- Clean all areas such as door handles, railing, and any other surfaces delivery staff may come in contact with.
- Leave a floor plan as to where the items are to be placed.
- Ensure pathways are clear to the area where items are to be placed.
- Remain in a separate room or out of the home while delivery is taking place. A distance of a minimum 2 metres to be maintained.
- Major assembly of items is limited at this time. We will only assemble minor items such as legs on sofa, backs on recliners. Some bed frames will therefore not be assembled. We will unpack and remove all packaging.
- We will not remove, or relocate old furniture, or remove mattresses unless covered and sealed by the customer prior to delivery with the mattress bag provided at point of sale.
- If delivering to an apartment building, please have an elevator put on service and panel sanitized.
- If anyone in the household develops COVID-19 in the 14 days following delivery please notify us.
- Please call customer service with any problem with your delivery.
*Make sure to read our warranty/service policy on the back of the contract you received.
Our Delivery Department Hours:
Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Telephone: (519) 364-5533 extension 3.
Toll Free: 1-800-265-5533